The government reaches into my bathroom
Bert
2013-10-11 13:25:44 UTC
Having new windows installed throughout the house, and we were told that
the building code required that the bathroom window have tempered glass.

Now, looking at the new window, I find etched into a corner of each pane

16 CFR 1201 II

Looking that up online I find

16 CFR Part 1201 - SAFETY STANDARD FOR ARCHITECTURAL GLAZING MATERIALS
***@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN
Moe DeLoughan
2013-10-15 21:24:00 UTC
Post by Bert
Having new windows installed throughout the house, and we were told that
the building code required that the bathroom window have tempered glass.
Now, looking at the new window, I find etched into a corner of each pane
16 CFR 1201 II
Looking that up online I find
16 CFR Part 1201 - SAFETY STANDARD FOR ARCHITECTURAL GLAZING MATERIALS
There's a good discussion on the proper interpretation of that rule at
http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12936