Florida Teacher Arrested For Forcing Child To Clean Dirty Urinal by Hand
Uri Nawl
2014-02-21 03:47:34 UTC
Ah the US of A.

You have so much to be proud of, eh?

Here's today's feel-good story. It's how you teach your children that
hard work is good for them. Builds character. Puts them on a career
path.

===================================

CORAL SPRINGS (CBSMiami) – A Broward County charter school teacher is
facing battery charges after she forced a 10-year-old student to clean a
dirty urinal that she thought the student clogged, according to the
Coral Springs Police Department.

----------
Photo of america's Teacher of the Week - Jennifer Forshey
----------

Jennifer Forshey, who teaches third grade at Broward Community Charter
School West, according to the school’s website, is accused of battery on
a child by exposing the child to urine.

According to the arrest report, Forshey accused a 10-year-old boy of
clogging the drain in a urinal in the boys bathroom on day last week.
She ordered the boy to use his hands to remove the paper towels filled
with urine from unknown students.

“Victims hands were saturated in what smelled like urine from the urinal
and the paper towel that was in the urinal,” the police report reads.

The student told police Forshey did not provide him with any safety
equipment to clean the urinals. The student also said there was no soap
in the bathroom to clean his hands.

Investigators interviewed Forshey and she admitted to the allegations
and showed no remorse. “She only thinks what she did was wrong because
she is in trouble for it. Otherwise, she does not see anything wrong
with exposing a child to urine,” the report reads.

CBS 4 News called the owners of the school, the Leona Group. They told
us they cannot comment.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/broward-teacher-arrested-for-making-child-put-hands-in-urinal/
Zaky Waky
2014-02-21 13:02:01 UTC
CORAL SPRINGS (CBSMiami) - A Broward County charter school teacher is
facing battery charges after she forced a 10-year-old student to clean a
dirty urinal that she thought the student clogged, according to the
Coral Springs Police Department.
Here's another teacher that believes in order, structure, discipline, and
personal responsibility that will be removed from the teaching pool.

No wonder that the Muslims (and Vietnames, and Chinese and Koreans and
Mexicans) are kicking our ass.
The Daring Dufas
2014-02-21 13:55:36 UTC
Post by Zaky Waky
CORAL SPRINGS (CBSMiami) - A Broward County charter school teacher
is facing battery charges after she forced a 10-year-old student to
clean a dirty urinal that she thought the student clogged,
according to the Coral Springs Police Department.
Here's another teacher that believes in order, structure, discipline,
and personal responsibility that will be removed from the teaching
pool.
No wonder that the Muslims (and Vietnames, and Chinese and Koreans
and Mexicans) are kicking our ass.
Where the frak have you been Waky Zaky? Your sanguineous wisdom has been
sorely missed. ^_^

TDD
Bert
2014-02-21 15:48:57 UTC
Post by Zaky Waky
Here's another teacher that believes in order, structure, discipline,
and personal responsibility that will be removed from the teaching
pool.
Sounds more like a petty martinet who gets her kicks out of mistreating
children.
***@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN
IGot2P
2014-02-21 15:46:40 UTC
Post by Uri Nawl
Ah the US of A.
You have so much to be proud of, eh?
Here's today's feel-good story. It's how you teach your children that
hard work is good for them. Builds character. Puts them on a career
path.
(snipped)

As a former Board of Education member I think that teacher sounds like a
real b*tch and has no business in the education field!
micky
2014-02-21 19:52:25 UTC
Post by IGot2P
Post by Uri Nawl
Ah the US of A.
You have so much to be proud of, eh?
Here's today's feel-good story. It's how you teach your children that
hard work is good for them. Builds character. Puts them on a career
path.
(snipped)
As a former Board of Education member I think that teacher sounds like a
real b*tch and has no business in the education field!
Before they fire her they should come up with a reason for her to clean
out a urinal by hand, and see if they can get her to do it.
micky
2014-02-21 23:05:23 UTC
Post by micky
Post by IGot2P
Post by Uri Nawl
Ah the US of A.
You have so much to be proud of, eh?
Here's today's feel-good story. It's how you teach your children that
hard work is good for them. Builds character. Puts them on a career
path.
(snipped)
As a former Board of Education member I think that teacher sounds like a
real b*tch and has no business in the education field!
Before they fire her they should come up with a reason for her to clean
out a urinal by hand, and see if they can get her to do it.
I may have been a little too hard on the teacher. Perhaps the kid
really did clog up the urinal and perhaps she knew it. Maybe he didn't
even deny it. And perhaps no one had used it since the kid did, and
generally every boy flushed it after he used it, or maybe it even
flushed itself. In that case, the punishment was direct, quick, and
on point. A doctor tells me you can get sick from your own urine, but
he seemed to say, only if you had an infection. Most people don't.
Certainly most 10-year old kids don't. OTOH, does the teacher know all
this and even if she does, how does the teacher know he's not an
exception.

And regardless, I'm sure her behaviour was a violation of some rule,
which she's promised to oby. But I may understand her pov, assuming
I guessed at the facts right.