We are the Champions of the World
Wayne Gretzky
2014-02-23 14:25:02 UTC
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago).

We are the champions - of the World.
Ed Pawlowski
2014-02-23 15:37:30 UTC
Just another NFL game when you look at the team members.
PV
2014-02-23 16:19:21 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by Wayne Gretzky
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago).
We are the champions - of the World.
Just another NFL game when you look at the team members.
You don't understand the concept of hockey do you?
--
PV

"Sorry PV but the Police will jail you if you dare approach me."
And the Doctor piglet went squealing all the way home
Tony Hwang
Canada = hockey. Now we are back in rightful position.
Ed Pawlowski
2014-02-23 17:20:08 UTC
Post by PV
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by Wayne Gretzky
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago).
We are the champions - of the World.
Just another NFL game when you look at the team members.
You don't understand the concept of hockey do you?
Meant NHL.

What concept?
National game of Canada
Olympic teams from many countries consisted of NHL players. Sort of
like the All Star games
Highest score wins.

If an all amateur team won I'd say you have bragging rights. Many of
these games were just a mix of pro players. Yes, they are all good
players, but I see this as more of an all-star pickup game.
PV
2014-02-23 20:15:46 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by PV
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by Wayne Gretzky
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago).
We are the champions - of the World.
Just another NFL game when you look at the team members.
You don't understand the concept of hockey do you?
Meant NHL.
What concept?
National game of Canada
Olympic teams from many countries consisted of NHL players. Sort of
like the All Star games
Highest score wins.
If an all amateur team won I'd say you have bragging rights. Many of
these games were just a mix of pro players. Yes, they are all good
players, but I see this as more of an all-star pickup game.
From a country that fields an NBA team in the summer Olympics, that's pretty
funny.

While I tend to agree that the introduction of pro athletes into the games
has changed the concept of the games, but what defines an amateur these
days?

Ed Pawlowski
2014-02-23 20:27:39 UTC
Post by PV
Post by Ed Pawlowski
If an all amateur team won I'd say you have bragging rights. Many of
these games were just a mix of pro players. Yes, they are all good
players, but I see this as more of an all-star pickup game.
From a country that fields an NBA team in the summer Olympics, that's pretty
funny.
While I tend to agree that the introduction of pro athletes into the games
has changed the concept of the games, but what defines an amateur these
days?
My feelings are the same with basketball too. And our hockey team was NFL

There are few amateurs in the Olympics these days as it is very
expensive to compete and train for years.. Some are making lots of money
from endorsements. Of course, you do have to be good and have the right
personality.

David L. Martel
2014-02-23 16:51:09 UTC
Ed,

NFL?

Dave M.
Ed Pawlowski
2014-02-23 17:09:01 UTC
Post by David L. Martel
Ed,
NFL?
Dave M.
Should have been NHL
Meanie
2014-02-23 17:24:49 UTC
You can have it every year for all I care just take back Justin Bieber.
The Daring Dufas
2014-02-23 18:00:57 UTC
Post by Wayne Gretzky
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago).
We are the champions - of the World.
Nobody cares but the polar bears. ^_^

TDD
Kurt Ullman
2014-02-23 18:31:11 UTC
Post by The Daring Dufas
Post by Wayne Gretzky
Canada beats Sweden (after beating the US two days ago).
We are the champions - of the World.
Nobody cares but the polar bears. ^_^
TDD
Canadians like to make love doggy style so that they can both watch the
hockey game (grin).
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²