American beauty pagent contestant answers question on NSA Prism issue
Home Guy
2013-06-17 13:49:27 UTC
Look upon the mindless brains of your american children and understand
why as a nation you are destined for the toiletbowl as your conversion
from a libertarian republic to a federal authoritative dictatorship
happens before your very eyes.

===============================
Miss Alabama answers a question about the NSA Prism program (Jun 16,
2013):

Question:

Gov't tracking of phone records has been in the news lately. Is this an
invasion of privacy, or is it necessary to keep our country safe. Why,
or why not?

Answer:

I think the society that we live in today its sad that if we go to the
movies or to the airport or even to the mall that we have to worry about
our safety, so I would rather someone track my telephone messages and
feel safe where-ever I go than feel like you're encroaching on my
privacy.

[Audience erupts in appause and cheers]
badgolferman
2013-06-17 14:02:56 UTC
http://youtu.be/V8vXrqHurTc
Well, at least she looks good!
Vic Smith
2013-06-17 14:18:24 UTC
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:02:56 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
She's hot. Gave the right answer too.
Same thing is done in Canada by their spooks.
badgolferman
2013-06-17 14:22:06 UTC
Post by Vic Smith
Post by badgolferman
Well, at least she looks good!
She's hot.
My son started school on an academic scholarship at University of
Alabama last year. The first thing he told me is the girls are really
pretty down there.
t***@optonline.net
2013-06-17 15:13:44 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
Same thing is done in Canada by their spooks.- Hide quoted text -
The right answer? Whatever you think about what the NSA
is doing, what she said makes no sense. It's completely
contradictory. She first says that in an unsafe word, she's
OK with the govt tracking telephone messages. Then she
says she would rather feel safe than have someone
encroaching on her privacy.....
Thomas
2013-06-17 15:44:31 UTC
Post by Vic Smith
The right answer?  Whatever you think about what the NSA
is doing, what she said makes no sense.  It's completely
contradictory.  She first says that in an unsafe word, she's
OK with the govt tracking telephone messages.  Then she
says she would rather feel safe than have someone
encroaching on her privacy.....- Hide quoted text -
I too had to read that twice.
The Real Bev
2013-06-17 16:19:30 UTC
Post by Thomas
Post by t***@optonline.net
Post by Vic Smith
The right answer? Whatever you think about what the NSA
is doing, what she said makes no sense. It's completely
contradictory. She first says that in an unsafe word, she's
OK with the govt tracking telephone messages. Then she
says she would rather feel safe than have someone
encroaching on her privacy.....- Hide quoted text -
I too had to read that twice.
No need. Multiple readings don't make it any better.

Is this the one who intended to become a brain surgeon?
--
Cheers, Bev
<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the straps.
Vic Smith
2013-06-17 15:50:37 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
Jesus H. Christ. Don't you ever learn?
Here it is. Fuck you.
t***@optonline.net
2013-06-17 16:13:19 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
Here it is.  Fuck you.- Hide quoted text -
Forget to take your medications again? Here is what?
What are you talking about? And why all the anger?
micky
2013-06-17 18:12:56 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
No, no. No contradiction. Not than *have* someone encroaching.
She said "than *feel* like you're encroaching..." IOW, she's going
to ignore any feelings of encroachment she might have and just feel
that the govt. is doing the right thing and that she's safe. We all
might as well feel that way, because worrying isn't going to help.
Unless one is going to demonstrate or something against the Prism?
program, and she's made up her mind that she's not.
t***@optonline.net
2013-06-17 18:56:29 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
program, and she's made up her mind that she's not.- Hide quoted text -
Yeah, reading it again, I can see that interpretation of what she
said,
but it's poorly stated. A better way of stating it would be that she
accepts that level of encroachment for the security she thinks
it provides. The fact that it's encroachment is a fact, whether
you feel it or not.

It's also interesting that the audience apparently thought it was
a great answer. Yet the polls I've seen tend to suggest that
the public is actually concerned about the intrusions. And a
lot of people think Townsend is some kind of hero. If there
were any doubts about that, what he just did should help
remove them. The Guardian just published another story
with info Townsend leaked. This time it's about how the
British govt, US govt have done intelligence intercepts on
world leaders, and other attendees at G8 summits.
Including tapping Putin's phone calls. Now what the
hell intercepting Putin's phone calls has to do with American
civil liberties is beyond
me. It's exactly what NSA, CIA etc are supposed to be
doing. And then he times it clearly to embarrass Obama
who is right now at the G8. And this skunk is supposed to
be a patriot? We can only wonder at what else he has
and how in the world security could be so lax that he
got all this stuff.

You also have to wonder about him going to China. If
he's so damned worried about civil liberties, what the
hell is he doing there? He's also already told the Chinese
of some of what the USA was doing with them. I wouldn't
be surprised that the little prick has been "helping" the
Chinese all along. It's like the Rosenberg's with the
A bomb secrets. They thought it was unfair for the US
to have an advantage over the Russians.

And maybe he thought the US was
on to him, so he decided to flee and make this grandstand
play. He's playing a dangerous game. The Chinese
for example, might decide to make him disappear or turn
up dead, especially if he is involved with them. They
cover their tracks and get the bonus of making a big
incident for the US, because people will suspect the US of doing it.
micky
2013-06-19 06:06:46 UTC
Post by badgolferman
Post by Home Guy
[...]
If you saw my other thread where I asked if someone's allowed to call
me back on the caller-id number, the guy at the community organization
seemed like he was about to cheer for this leaker, or at least
criticize the phone call gathering, but I interupted him and gave the
other pov, and he didn't try to argue.

I think we have to catch and prosecute this guy, because otherwise,
others think they can get away with it too.** But Bradley Manning
is worse. If BM had released only documents he read and thought
shouldn't be secret ,that would be one thing, but he couldn't have
read 500,000 docs, so he's publishing all this stuff he hasn't read.

**Well, in theory BM is worse but that's on the assumption the new
guy just had one point to make, that the NSA was collecting phone
calls. I guess in fact he's been claiming lots of other things,
incuding some members of the agencies say are not true, and those I
think could not possibly be true. Like his personal abitlity to tap
anyone's phone. He might have put orders through to tap a phone,
although I doubt it, but only after the log of all the phone calls
showed something, and some lawyer appeared before a judge and got a
warrant. maybe he's claiming he could take a valid warrant and
change the phone number and everyone would trust him that it was a
new, different, valid warrant. That sort of thing seems just as
likely for the last 100 years, or at leas since the copy machine, and
I think they must have ways to avoid it. In addition, he wouldn't get
to listen to the taps so what would be his motive. Just to annoy
someone he didn't like? There are always problems when dishonorable
people have important jobs.

I've wondered for years how come there have been no big attacks on the
US, in the US. When I heard about the NSA program, I thought that
might be one reason. Now they say it stopped 10 plots in the USA (and
40+ elsewhere) and I believe it and believe that answers the
wonderment I've had for the second half of the last 12 years.
Home Guy
2013-06-19 14:00:38 UTC
micky was an utter boob by using improper usenet message composition
Post by micky
I've wondered for years how come there have been no big attacks on
the US, in the US.
You mean like the Ft. Hood Terrorist Attack that happened in November
2009 where islamic Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan killed 13 people - an
event which is officially classified as "workplace violence" ?

Columbine High School massacre?

Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre?

Virginia Tech massacre?

Oklahoma City Bombing?

Boston Marathon bombing?

World Trade Center bombing in 1993?

World Trade Center demolition-by-airplane in 2001?
Post by micky
When I heard about the NSA program, I thought that might be
one reason.
Look at these examples of mass-murder in the US and tell me how many of
them were stopped by NSA/CIA/FBI wiretaps, intelligence or evesdropping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_murder_in_the_United_States
Post by micky
Now they say it stopped 10 plots in the USA (and 40+ elsewhere)
And they won't give details or tell you who they've arrested in these
plots, will they?
Post by micky
and I believe it and believe that answers the wonderment I've had
for the second half of the last 12 years.
You are a buffoon for allowing your gov't to believe it has the right,
obligation or authority to look for evidence of crime or criminal intent
*before* or even *if* a crime is committed.

You are a moron for allowing your gov't to define certain types of crime
as terrorism.

What the NSA does and the technical capabilities it has is driven by the
private sector (military and other gov't contractors, IT companies, etc)
and their need to secure more gov't contracts in areas outside of
military weapons systems since that business has dried up after your
illegal invasion of Iraq.

IGot2P
Hot chic with the correct answer...she has my vote.
The Daring Dufas
2013-06-17 20:15:23 UTC
Post by Home Guy
[...]
Homo Gay, are you a complete moron or are you just suffering from brain
freeze due to your proximity to The North Pole? Young women of college
age are usually Liberal Democrats and are going to toe the Politically
Correct Liberal Democrat line. Sadly, P.L.L.C.F. have even infested the
faculty at colleges in Alabama where the sleazebags spout nonsense
that the students mistake for the truth. I imagine it's just as bad or
worse at universities in Canada. O_o

TDD
Oren
2013-06-17 21:06:58 UTC
I can answer that question.
Stormin Mormon
2013-06-18 12:00:41 UTC
From what I can figure, Canada went socialist a few decades ago. There are probably a few people who quietly work hard and try to earn a living,eh?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
http://youtu.be/V8vXrqHurTc

TDD
Home Guy
2013-06-18 14:00:13 UTC
Chris Young used improper usenet message composition style by
Post by Stormin Mormon
From what I can figure, Canada went socialist a few decades ago.
We have provincially-run (not federally-run) heathcare systems where
doctors and hospitals are reimbursed by a singe-payer (the provincial
gov't). If you want to call that socialist - go ahead.

If you have something else in mind (other than how we pay for health
care) that makes us socialist, then explain it. We also have police,
fire, ambulance services that are also paid through some form of gov't
taxation - but so do you.

You also have medicare and medicaid and veteran's affairs hospitals (you
had them for a long time, under various administrations, republican and
democrat). So that makes a good chunk of your heathcare system fall
under a "socialist" paradigm.
Post by Stormin Mormon
There are probably a few people who quietly work hard and try
to earn a living,eh?
Apparently more than you have in your country.