HVAC custom-size air filters
b***@yahoo.com
2007-11-29 22:21:34 UTC
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?

I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.

TIA
franz frippl
2007-11-29 23:08:02 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my local
WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
TIA
If it were me, I'd cut the 1x25x25 to fit and seal the cut edge with
tape. Or I might try the other size and see if it really matters.

This might be a temporary solution until you can find the right size.

Have you asked HD or Lowes if they could stock the size?
Paul Franklin
2007-11-29 23:30:33 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
TIA
www.iaqsource.com has a filter finder. If they don't have a standard
the size you need (they don't have one your size) you can get a custom
in several types. Probably expensive, but....

HTH,

Paul
John Grabowski
2007-11-30 00:27:09 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
Grainger sells filter rolls so you can cut your own size. Maybe you can get
a sheet metal shop to fabricate a frame for you. http://www.grainger.com

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/categories/hvacr/filters/filter-media-rolls

You could try a plumbing supply or HVAC supply company as well.
bob kater
2007-11-30 01:27:59 UTC
Big box stores used to sell a washable filter with a plastic frame, you took
it apart cut the media and slid it back together, I used a small metal screw
to hold it together. Not sure if they are still available though but it
would be worth a look
2007-12-04 16:46:35 UTC
Post by John Grabowski
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
Grainger sells filter rolls so you can cut your own size. Maybe you can get
a sheet metal shop to fabricate a frame for you. http://www.grainger.com
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/categories/hvacr/filters/filter-medi...
You could try a plumbing supply or HVAC supply company as well.- Hide quoted text -
Yeah, I recently bought one at Sears hardware, but I've seen them
advertised here and there. Seems to work fine.
s***@gmail.com
2007-12-15 06:26:09 UTC
Any reputable HVAC company can order custom filters. The cost of
which maybe off set on having them give you an estimate on several
other solutions (media filters). I am left wondering why someone left
you with this size. My best advice: Next Annual Service, I would
have tech assess whether or not your filter rack can accomodate a
regular size filter...it is only sheet metal, easily rectify....
unless you are talking about that washable filter manufactureres put
in for temp solution... then, definately get a permanent fix.

IMHO, washables are on about par as the manufactureres filters...They
pass the litmus test but unfortunately, pass a lot more (not something
a filter is suppose to do).
Bubba
2007-11-30 02:09:38 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
TIA
Wow! Spent a lot of time Googleing that one, eh?
Bubba
b***@yahoo.com
not exactly sure what u mean, bro.
professorpaul
2007-11-30 21:25:52 UTC
I had the local HVAC outfit make me a washable filter. A trip to the
hose/shower once a month, and a whiff of spray on filter oil. No more
replacable filters. Cost was only $10!
Bubba
2007-11-30 21:44:46 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Post by Bubba
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Can someone recommend a source for custom-size air filters for
residential HVAC?
I need 1"x25"x22" filters, and the closest sizes I've seen (at my
local WalMart, HomeDepot, Lowe's) were 1x25x25 and 1x25x20.
TIA
Wow! Spent a lot of time Googleing that one, eh?
Bubba
not exactly sure what u mean, bro.
In other words:
Go to Google or your favor search engine.
Type in the size filter you need then start reading. Pick the one you
like best. You can add "best price, lowest price, discount price, etc"
to find the lowest price
Bubba
HeyBub
1x25x20. Duct tape. Works like a charm.