Windoor World !!BEWARE!!
Ted
2005-07-26 18:38:47 UTC
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area
to purchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...

I bought an ODL steel door with internal mini blinds and paid $245 extra
to have it painted at their shop. I was told that the trim inside and
out would also be painted and installed and I wouldn’t need to do
anything additional to finish the door installation. Here is the chain
of events. This took place over 3 months.

Appointment #1 They called the day before and said the door wasn’t ready
and wanted to reschedule for a week later. I talked to the woman that
runs the place M.K. and explained that I had put my work off to be there
for the install and asked if there was anyway that they could make the
appointment. She said no. I asked for a refund at that time and she made
it clear there would be no refund of my 50% deposit and they would get
to it when they get to it.

Appointment #2 The installer shows up with a door. He tears my old
doorframe out and gets ready to install the new door. Then he discovers
that the door he brought was a 36” door, not the 32” door I ordered. He
spent the next 3 hours putting my splintered up old doorframe back
together so I would have a door.

Appointment #3 The installer brought a door and proceeded to install it.
As I mentioned I paid extra for the door and trim to be painted. The
interior trim had just a light mist covering of paint & had dried on
paint drips as well. You could also see mill marks and a rough joint
right above the doorknob level where it was so obvious. I asked him if
he brought any paint so he could fix that & he said he got tired of
waiting at the warehouse for it that morning and just left there without
the paint. He also used SCREWS to install the interior trim and dabbed
caulking in each of the large screw holes with his finger. The holes
were still so obvious. When he claimed he was done I noticed that the
door had a 4” dent in it at the bottom. He then tried to get me to
settle for the door as is, cruddy unpainted trim, dent and all. He
started at $100 and worked up to $300, I told him I wanted the job I
paid for and said no, he appeared angry and left. I opened the blind in
the door that night and one of the strings inside the sealed glass
compartment came undone, so the blinds hang at a severe angle!

Appointment #4 The installer showed up with a replacement door that had
just been painted that morning. They had tied it down in the truck and
used a blanket or something to cover it. The fibers from the blanket
stuck to the still tacky paint on the door and it looked horrible. It
also had 2 dents and it looked like they had painted over some crud
stuck to the door.

Appointment #5 The VP calls me and tells me that the installer didn’t
show up or call that morning and they had nobody to send out. He also
said that the manager I had been working with walked out on them the day
before. I asked him to go out to the warehouse and look at the door they
were planning to send out. He looked at it and said that he would have
yet ANOTHER door painted because that one looked bad. He then told me if
I was not satisfied with the door they were going to bring out next he
would give me a refund.

Appointment #6 The installer shows up with a door that looked painted OK
but the plastic trim around the window insert was very wavy. Apparently
when the door was assembled they really cranked down the screws hard
causing the trim to warp. I told them I didn’t like it & they told me
they were all like that. I pointed out that the door that was presently
installed did not have that. They took the door and left. I tried for
over 2 weeks to contact the VP that said he would give me a refund if I
was not happy. He never did return my calls and it became real clear he
was dodging me.

Finally this issue was passed off to another person at Windoor World who
offered me a discount on the door if I accepted the wavy trimmed one. I
accepted his offer, I was getting really tired of this ordeal.

Appointment #7 The installer called me at the time he was due to arrive
from the other side of town to ask where my home is. He had never heard
of the city I live in & informed me he was a subcontractor for Windoor
world. He arrived and hour later and proceeded to replace the door &
install new trim. When he told me he was done I looked at the trim and
it barely had a misting of primer on it, you could clearly see the bare
wood. I paid $245 extra for the door and trim to be painted. I insisted
that I wanted the trim painted & he did paint it, using a rag…

If you have the 3 months to spare and plenty of patience and don’t mind
spending top dollar for inferior results then by all means call Windoor
World. In my opinion this is a very poorly managed company from the top
down.
Nigel Reed
2005-07-26 19:09:07 UTC
Post by Ted
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area
to purchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...
Maybe a call to the Better Business Bureau may have brought around a
speedier result for you.

"
The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the
firm's file was opened on August 01, 1992 or over the last 36 months,
whichever is less. Windoor World has had 12 complaints. 10 were closed
as Resolved. 2 were closed as Company made every reasonable effort to
Resolve. "

Regards
Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" --Adam Savage.
Doug Kanter
2005-07-26 19:22:59 UTC
Post by Nigel Reed
Post by Ted
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area
to purchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...
Maybe a call to the Better Business Bureau may have brought around a
speedier result for you.
"
The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the
firm's file was opened on August 01, 1992 or over the last 36 months,
whichever is less. Windoor World has had 12 complaints. 10 were closed
as Resolved. 2 were closed as Company made every reasonable effort to
Resolve. "
Regards
Nigel
"Resolved" sometimes means the customer gave up trying, and accepted less
than they expected. Without specifics, BBB's data is meaningless.
we care
2005-07-27 16:07:42 UTC
Sometimes customers here want they want to here? Our report speaks for
it self. We have been in business for over 24 years and have over
50,000 satitfied customers. We try to please all customers.
Duane Bozarth
2005-07-27 16:10:44 UTC
Sometimes customers here want they want to here? ...
You mean "hear", here? Then it might at least have a chance of making
sense...
Dan C
2005-07-27 18:36:37 UTC
Post by we care
Sometimes customers here want they want to here?
Huh? What are you trying to say hear?
Linux Registered User #327951
Chris
2005-07-27 19:14:25 UTC
Post by we care
Sometimes customers here want they want to here? Our report speaks for
it self. We have been in business for over 24 years and have over
50,000 satitfied customers. We try to please all customers.
Well all of the contractors that I do business with on a regular basis think
windoor world sucks and is overpriced. I have looked there a couple of times
myself and have always founf the same items for about 40% less at Home
Depot, Lowes or Wilson Plywood and Door.
G Henslee
2005-07-26 19:25:55 UTC
Post by Nigel Reed
Post by Ted
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area
to purchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...
Maybe a call to the Better Business Bureau may have brought around a
speedier result for you.
"
The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the
firm's file was opened on August 01, 1992 or over the last 36 months,
whichever is less. Windoor World has had 12 complaints. 10 were closed
as Resolved. 2 were closed as Company made every reasonable effort to
Resolve. "
Regards
Nigel
In addition, a call to a local news channels consumer alert reporter is
better if they have time to cover the issue.
we care
2005-07-27 16:00:56 UTC
Our BBB report speaks for it self. Over 24 years in business and over
50,000 satisfied customers.
Ted
2005-07-27 16:34:57 UTC
My post speaks for its self, SEVEN appointments over THREE MONTHS!!! You
cannot deny any of the facts I wrote. I am sure you don't want the truth
to get out about how your company botched this job. Insinuating I expect
a "Grand Piano" finish & that I am just picky is an insult. Only a blind
person would have accepted that door the way it was.

Who uses big screws to install interior molding?? Your own service people
said the door you installed looked like "S***"! No one from management
was interested in looking at this installation. But yet you claim I am
picky! Maybe you should ask your own service people what it looked like.
Apparently you don't have a clue of the procedures that your SUB-CONTRACT
installers may choose to employ on your customers homes.
Chris
2005-07-27 19:16:14 UTC
Maybe you should take some pictures of the install and post them on a
webpage so we can all see just how bad they screwed up. Then there would be
no argument from WW in "hear".
planoite
2010-02-08 04:31:28 UTC
planoite had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Windoor-World-BEWARE-17071-.htm
:
I can't comment on doors, since I didn't have them replace doors for me.
However I did have Windoor World replace all of my windows back in 1998
and I was very pleased with the product and the work. I used them again
for my new house in 2007 and once again they did a great job.
benick
2010-02-08 05:29:49 UTC
Post by planoite
planoite had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Windoor-World-BEWARE-17071-.htm
I can't comment on doors, since I didn't have them replace doors for me.
However I did have Windoor World replace all of my windows back in 1998
and I was very pleased with the product and the work. I used them again
for my new house in 2007 and once again they did a great job.
Another troll from the SUCKO SITE...Goggle usenet and get here the right way
or fuck off....
Bob
2018-06-28 12:14:14 UTC
replying to benick, Bob wrote:
zero class comment.

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/windoor-world-beware-16791-.htm
Stormin Mormon
2010-02-08 12:46:55 UTC
The Stucco site is not a help forum, it's an
*advertising* forum that invades real forums
(like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet")
parasitically in order to generate free
advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"planoite" <***@foo.com> wrote in
message news:dcb80$4b6f93a0$45499b77$***@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
planoite had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Windoor-Wld-BEWARE-17071-.htm
:
Dan C
2005-07-27 18:35:35 UTC
Post by we care
Our BBB report speaks for it self. Over 24 years in business and over
50,000 satisfied customers.
How many DIS-satisfied customers?
Linux Registered User #327951
Ted
Nigel Reed
2005-07-26 20:42:48 UTC
Post by Ted
I suspect "resolved" means worn down and tired of dealing with such clowns.
You reach a point when you realize that they simply cant deliver on the
deal...
Maybe, but still, you'd have been alerted to the fact that there were
problems with this company before hand. A call to the BBB would probably
yield more information about the reports.

They're a good resource for both businesses and consumers. It's rare
that I'll do business with a company who doesn't have a good report with
the BBB.

Regards
Nigel

we care
2005-07-27 16:04:18 UTC
No sir! We resolve every complaint. We have worked hard to prove we are
the best in the business. We try to please EVERYONE. Even you know that
could be hard to do.
Doug Kanter
2005-07-27 16:13:08 UTC
Post by we care
No sir! We resolve every complaint. We have worked hard to prove we are
the best in the business. We try to please EVERYONE. Even you know that
could be hard to do.
The OP said your technician reinstalled the door molding using screws.
That's lame, and lazy. Whose idea was it?
fcweed
2005-07-27 03:39:15 UTC
Post by Ted
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area
to purchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...
Same story at our house with minor variations in the details - Same junk
material, workmanship, and customer service. Don't be fooled by what you
see if you visit a showroom.
--
------------------------------------
best regards,

fcweed ***@mail.com
MrC1
down.
we care
down.
we care
2005-07-27 15:59:12 UTC
We have delivered a beautiful product to this customer. However, he did
not buy a GRAND PIANO. The finish is a spayed on finish that is the
equal to a car finish. NOT a PIANO. We try to please every customer but
some people you cannot please. We have offered everything including
some of his money back.
Doug Kanter
2005-07-27 16:11:17 UTC
Post by we care
We have delivered a beautiful product to this customer. However, he did
not buy a GRAND PIANO. The finish is a spayed on finish that is the
equal to a car finish. NOT a PIANO. We try to please every customer but
some people you cannot please. We have offered everything including
some of his money back.
I'm sure he was not expecting a piano finish. But, at the other extreme,
your people delivered a door whose paint was still sticky. That indicates
incompetence somewhere in your manufacturing process.
Duane Bozarth
Over a period of about forever, too, it seems...
Chris
2005-07-27 19:24:52 UTC
Have you PERSONALLY gone over and looked at the job? From what he has
described, it does not sound like a beautiful product. WHo uses scres to put
on door trim? Even trim head screws would be improper in this installation.
What, don't your installers have a hammer and finish nails?
some of his money back.
Doug Kanter
some of his money back.
Chris
2005-07-28 23:58:44 UTC
Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed in a respectable dount shop....if you
don't have the tools, don't do the job. I always carry my Paslode airless
finish nailer and a paintbrush with me no matter what job I am on. There are
some tools that are just a basic need for any door installation....sheesh.
some of his money back.
G Henslee
2005-07-29 02:22:21 UTC
Post by Chris
I always carry my Paslode airless
finish nailer and a paintbrush with me no matter what job I am on. There are
some tools that are just a basic need
Damn straight. Me too.

The Gigolo
Chris
2005-07-29 05:33:25 UTC
Post by G Henslee
Post by Chris
I always carry my Paslode airless
finish nailer and a paintbrush with me no matter what job I am on. There are
some tools that are just a basic need
Damn straight. Me too.
--
The Gigolo
So I wonder why these "contractors" that wndoze world hires can't do a
simple installation and some paint touch up???? Is it just me or what?
~^Johnny^~
2005-07-29 03:47:10 UTC
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Chris
2005-07-29 05:34:06 UTC
Nigel Reed
2005-07-27 19:47:45 UTC
Post by we care
We have delivered a beautiful product to this customer. However, he did
not buy a GRAND PIANO. The finish is a spayed on finish that is the
equal to a car finish. NOT a PIANO. We try to please every customer but
some people you cannot please. We have offered everything including
some of his money back.
I was pretty neutral since it's a word for word type of thing, but the more I
see you insist you're right and compare it against the written evidence the OP
gave, I can say that you've lost me as a customer, if I was every likely to be
one.

Not once have I seen you admit anywhere that someone, somewhere was at fault.
All you had to do was say "yes, we screwed up, we'll refund the guys money, he
can go elsewhere and he'll be happy that he hasn't been screwed over".

We would all be satisfied that you resolved the issue (finally) and maybe had
some faith in your company. Nope, wasn't to be. Best thing you can do is
quiety withdraw from this thread and let it die its natural death.

Regards
Nigel

s***@optonline.net
2005-07-27 20:13:24 UTC
Post by Ted
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area
to puchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...
Pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charges later if you are
not satisfied.
A.D.C
2005-07-28 02:37:57 UTC
I had a very positive initial and follow-up experience with windoor world.
great quality, fair price and fast service. I a complex xustom job and they
installed it in a week and there wer no surprises! A water leak showed up
at the next big rain, they came out the next day and fixed the leak. Pros!
down.
Ted
down.
Bob
2018-06-28 12:14:13 UTC
replying to Ted, Bob wrote:
Wow !!!!! Thanks for the well documented warning

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/windoor-world-beware-16791-.htm