replacing electrical switches/outlets
r***@gmail.com
2013-05-27 05:01:09 UTC
As part of a kitchen spruce-up, I am replacing the old beige outlets with
white ones and replacing old toggle switches with rocker type. The outlets
have been no problem...but I have a question about the switches. The new ones
have a ground screw....the old ones do not. I get different answers from the
1) In examining the wiring configuration in one switch junction box (it is a
double switch...both single pole) I see three bare copper wires twisted
together. Are all of them ground wires? And if so, how do I attach the three
wires to TWO grounding screws??
2) What are the dangers of leaving the bare wires as is, without connecting
any to the grounding screws?
I'm fairly handy, but not a pro when it comes to electrical work. I want to
make sure I'm not doing something risky, as this is something I'd like to do
in other rooms in my house, and can't afford to hire a pro to do it. Thanks
in advance for your help.
Deb
http://www.rlkswitches.com/
Bob F
2013-05-27 16:37:22 UTC
On Tuesday, September 8, 1998
This SPAMMER clown had to go back to 1998 to find a post that his SPAM could fit
to. How obviously STUPID can he be?